We use a wide variety of tools and applications to build our software, I wanted to list them off and introduce some of the choices, as it'll be relevant to some future posts about our process and choices.
Issue Tracking / Development Planning
- FogBugz For our team size and ease of use we're with an On-demand account
- Trello When multiple developers are working on a single complex task together.
Continuous Deployment & Integration
Team city detects pushes to a particular git branch, on a successful build it pushes those changes to a 'stable-dev' branch.
- Team City 7
- Octopus Deploy - Interesting post on this coming soon.
- NuGet - We maintain an internal NuGet mirror with altered versions of packages specific to our needs
- Primarily Git on GitHub where we host our PicnicBasket account with some forks of the .NET libraries we use.
- GitHub for Windows
- Mercurial (used for other repositories not specific to the main code branch).
Some Typical .NET Developer Tools
- Beyond Compare - To setup 3-Way merge to TortoiseGit gist
- LinqPad - For all your random .NET code tryouts
- Web Work Bench (VS Extension for CoffeeScript)
- MarkPad from the Code52 guys
- Console2 follow Hanselman's blog post for a nice setup of it.
- TortoiseGit & TortoiseHg