A year ago in August of 2012 I listed out the tool set we used at Picnic, we were a smaller team back then so I thought it would be interesting to show the changes to our tool set a year later.
The list has gotten a lot shorter.
Issue Tracking / Development Planning
- We moved away from FogBugz to YouTrack from JetBrains.
Continuous Deployment & Integration
Team City, Octopus are still a major part of our CI process, we were using an internal NuGet server but no longer have that need.
- Exclusively Git on GitHub where we host our PicnicBasket account with some forks of the .NET libraries we use.
- Command Line and SourceTree are the main ways (limited user of GitHub for Windows)
- Still Visual Studio 2012
- Still Resharper 7
Other Tools / Editors
- Fiddler - Http level inspection
- No longer need ChainSaw or NHProf (no longer using NHibernate)